Members and guests of the Institute of Agricultural Management have been invited to Euston Estate, Suffolk for the National Farm Walk 2021.
The Estate, the seat of the Dukes of Grafton and currently the home of the 12th Duke, extends to approximately 10,500 acres.
• The historic (1670) Hall and Grounds are open to the public. Various other commercial and charitable activities take place on the Estate including Rural Pastimes Country Fair (around 8,000 people), small scale music festivals, major concerts and equine endurance trials. Since 2017 we have been the chosen location for the prestigious East Anglian Game and Country Fair
• A substantial and varied in hand farming operation
• Onsite 5MW gas to grid AD plant operated by Material Change Ltd.
• A number of tenanted farms extending to around 2,000 acres, together with miscellaneous land lettings
• Numerous livestock enterprises on the Estate including a small herd of pedigree Red Polls, a Suffolk Punch stud, breeding sheep, over 3,000 outdoor breeding sows, 50,000 free range broiler chickens and 48,000 laying hens
• Forestry extending to around 1,500 acres including a thriving log sale business
• A residential portfolio of around 110 properties
• A commercial shoot and profitable deerstalking
• Located within an Environmentally Sensitive Area, a number of Sites of Special Scientifi c Interest, involved with Higher Level Stewardship Schemes and the Breckland Farmers Wildlife Network
The event will start with lunch and a tour of the Estate in the afteroon.